What to Expect at a Consultation with Angela
Consultations can be done at Angela's office in Altoona or in the comfort of your own home.
- Angela will get you and your baby’s detailed health history. She will listen to your concerns, assess your baby’s oral anatomy, your breast anatomy, and observe your baby’s latch.
- She will observe a full feeding.
- Angela will assist with the latch and different holds or positions if needed. You will also have ample time to practice latching with Angela’s helping and/or observing.
- Your baby will be weighed before and after the feeding for an accurate measurement of baby’s intake.
- She may make some suggestions for how to proceed and together you will create a breastfeeding plan for your specific needs.
- Angela will provide a written report of your consult and plan for you to provide to your healthcare provider if you wish (putting everyone on the same page for you and your baby’s care).
- She will follow-up with two phone calls.
- If this is the service and care you are looking for please pay the Reservation Fee on the website ($10) to lock in your services, or you can email Angela at firstname.lastname@example.org
Read about the Benefits of a Consultation with Angela
A $10 non-refundable reservation fee will be required to secure your appointment. This fee will be forfeited if any cancellation occurs. Otherwise the $10 will be applied towards your total appointment fee.
IN-HOME- $85.00 for first hour, $10 at 15 min. increments beyond the first hour. Follow up appointment: $70.00
IN-OFFICE- $70.00 for first hour, $10 at 15 min. increments beyond the first hour. Follow up appointment: $60.00
BREASTFEEDING BUNDLE - $250.00 It'll be one of the best investments in your baby preparation that you can make! It includes
Insurance Coverage for Consultations:
I do not bill insurance on your behalf, but can provde you with a receipt to submit for reimbursement. Many insurance companies cover lactation care, but I can not guarantee my services will be covered by your company. Some families also choose to use funds from their pre-tax medical spending accounts to cover lactation services. I suggest you check with your plan/provider to see what options you may have.
Phone support are not always as effective as in-office or in-home support, but this is a great option if you are unable to get out of the house or I am unable to come to you! Many times I can give starter tips and then see you in person in a day or two.
Below are testimonials from moms who have had a consultation with Angela. Read more HERE
You are so awesome at what you do and so passionate and kind it's refreshing! Without your help, I doubt I would have made my 1 year goal in nursing....I will have met that goal in 18 days!!! :-)
I had a breast reduction at 19, and then had incredibly unsuccessful breastfeeding experiences with my first two children. I wasn’t sure that there was much hope for me to be able to exclusively breastfeed…ever! I met with Angela while I was 25 weeks pregnant with our 3rd. She helped me come up with an incredibly detailed plan for pre-birth, while in the hospital, and for at home. She answered ALL my questions (and I had LOTS), listened to all my concerns and reassured me, and really gave me the knowledge and confidence I needed. I left the appointment feeling so uplifted and really felt I could do this!
During my visit with Angela, we weighed my daughter, I fed her, and then we weighed her again to get an idea of how much milk she was getting when she nursed. This helped gauge about how many feedings she should be getting in a day. After doing all the calculations, Angela advised that she actually needed 7-8 feedings a day in order to be getting enough breast milk for her age/size. Angela and I came up with a plan to get her these extra feedings. I added in an extra bottle at daycare, a feeding right before I went to bed, and a dream feed around 2-3 in the morning. Within 5 days, my daughter had gained 6 oz. I also started pumping 4 times a day at work instead of 3; however, I decreased my pump time so in the end, I am spending the same amount of time pumping at work. I also increased the amount of Fenugreek I take to 4 pills 3 times a day and I now take 3 Blessed Thistle pills 3 times a day. Another thing I added was Moringa which is the main ingredient in Go-Lacta. I take 1 ½ teaspoons of this per day which is 3 grams (the recommended dosage per Go-Lacta’s website). I have definitely seen an increase in my supply within a week after making all of these changes. My daughter is happier than ever and I owe a big thanks to Angela!!!
I went in for my daughter’s 4 month Doctor's appointment and found out she had only gained 3 ounces since her 3 month appointment. Her pediatrician didn’t seem overly concerned but wanted me to try and feed her few more ounces of breast milk in a day and come back in 3 weeks to see if she had grown. I took it upon myself to reach out to Angela with Basking Babies to make sure there wasn’t an underlying issue that was causing the lack of weight gain.