Do I Need a Lactation Consultant?
A breastfeeding consultation can help with many issues. Some of the most common concerns for which mothers seek a consultation include the following:
- Your nipples are sore and you have concerns about whether your baby is latched correctly
- The baby is fussy most of the time and does not seem content after feedings.
- Sore nipples that last more than a few days.
- Your baby is not having at least three or four yellow bowel movements in a 24-hour period, after the fifth day.
- Breastfeeding is not comfortable.
- Your baby is sleepy and has fewer than 8 feeds in 24 hours.
- Your newborn baby has lost more than 7-10% of his/her birth weight.
- You feel your supply is low, or you think you may need to supplement feedings with formula, or you have been advised to do so.
- You're uncertain if your baby is getting enough milk.
- Your baby seems colicky.
- Your baby is slow to gain weight, and has not regained birth weight by two weeks.
- You have had any previous breast surgery
- You are choosing to re-lactate or induce lactation for an adoptive child.
- You are anxious about breastfeeding or in need of reassurance or support.
- You have been told to wean and you desire a second opinion.
- You are returning to work.
- You want to increase milk supply.
- You have multiples and wish to breastfeed.
- You did not have the success that you desired with your last breastfeeding experience.
Whatever your breastfeeding needs - BASKING BABIES can help you! Find the breastfeeding bundle or schedule a breastfeeding consultation that will help you and your unique breastfeeding needs.